Dates of Operation:
Snowmobile Season Start: Mid November to December as snow levels allow
Season End: End of March -Beginning of April, as snow levels allow.
Plan to arrive approx 45 min. prior to your rental time begins in order to take care of your paperwork, be fitted for your gear, be informed regarding trail ethics, safety instructions and operating practices, sign agreements.
Snowmobile Rental Requirements/Restrictions:
- You must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid drivers license. All drivers must carry a valid drivers license while on the trails. The Forest Service patrols the trails.
- You must be at least 16 years of age and have a valid drivers license to operate the equipment and be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Parent or Legal Guardian must rent the equipment and sign all agreements.
- Rental Deposit, 50% down at time of reservation, final payment balance due day of rental.
- All aspects of rental contract/assumption of risk form must be signed by responsible party.
- Each rider will be required to sign a Waiver of Liability
- No alcoholic beverages or drugs (legal or otherwise) are to be consumed before or during the operation of rental equipment.
- The renter of the equipment is responsible for insuring all persons operating the equipment, comply with all rules and safety instructions.
- All persons operating the equipment should wear a helmet (included with rental).
- Anyone who is pregnant or has heart, neck, or back problems is not encouraged to participate.
- All participants are required to complete a participant agreement form. All minors will need to have a parent or guardian sign their participant agreement form.
What to Bring:
Warm Base Layer (we provide coats, pants, boots, helmets, goggles & gloves, if desired) and also bring FACE COVERAGE (balaclava, neck warmer etc...)
- Drivers License for all operators
- Credit Card used to make the reservations
Credit Card Security Deposit:
- A security deposit is required for each machine prior to departure. We ask that you bring a major credit card at the time of check-in. No charges will be seen on your card unless you cause damage to the machine.
- Prior to departure and upon return, you will inspect the machines just like you would a car rental. You will be responsible for any and all damages to the machines while they are in your care.
- Online Rental daily insurance is mandatory for all 800 AXYS Rentals. $50 for the day & it has a $1000 deductible. Once you book, CM will send you the pricing and policy!
- Insurance is offered for 2seater snowmobiles and 600 pro's as well.
Parking and Snow Park:
- CM Backcountry Rentals is located at 313 McBride Street in McCall, this location is where you will show up to sign your documents and receive safety instructions and operational guidelines.
- Snowmobiles will be transported, dropped off and picked up at Francis Wallis Parking Lot. If you have your own trailer, you can pick the snowmobile(s) up yourself. Or you may rent a trailer from us to transport the snowmobiles yourself ($40/daily)